Monday, June 11, 2007

On to her new home!





Ester was finished on Knit in Public Day. Though oddly enough, I was done knitting and merely sewing up and weaving in loose ends. But, people saw me with a hand knit garment.

I used my cable needle to hold the front closed, though I did see some cute pins on the Loopy Ewe. The person who will receive this has tons of brooches and pins.

This just closes on me, it's an XL, and when I measured myself, I'm 42". So extra blocking could bring this to a more manageable overlap. I've decided to send this to my more petite grandmother, so overlap shouldn't be a problem. Also, on a thinner body, I'm assuming there would be more fold down collar action going on.

But I enjoyed working on Ester. I think it turned out beautiful. It made me feel so smart to be able to drop down a row or two and recross cables. I loved the chance to see Ester worked up in so many beautiful yarns. This is my first KAL, and I'm really glad I joined. Thank you all for the great support!

4 comments:

Jessicah said...

Your Ester is beautiful! I love the first photo- a great and different perspective :) I'm sure your grandma will love it!

oneredboot said...

nice job--this is really lovely. love the wine color. and thanks for the tip about the loopy ewe.

Katie said...

it looks lovely! if mine is a little too small, i'm going to send it to my sister.

nuttnbunny said...

I'm impressed by the dropping down of rows too! Beautiful job. I may do another significantly sized up so it will fit me :-)

That's such a lovely color for you...