Saturday, May 19, 2007

Can you spot the issue?


Doesn't she remind you of an Egyptian Deity?

Feeling really good heading into the home stretch. Have my spray bottle and flat flower pins ready to go. Hope to finish knitting and block this weekend. Not sure if that's realistic but it's good to have "stretch" goals. :-)


Special prize for the first person who leaves a comment identifying what I've done wrong in the pattern. Hint: The error is in every cable pattern repeat.

Not that I have any intention of frogging and starting over...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you do a cable to the left on the last stitch of every cable pattern repeat instead of alternating cable to left & cable to right? (Except for the very first one?)

P.S. You are QUICK! How do you do it with little kiddies? I can barely keep up my knitting with just a hubby to feed! :)

Serina said...

Christina beat me, but yeah, cable front all the way up except the first one. Hey, maybe someone will cable back the entire way so there will be a cosmic (anti)twin.

Beautiful work.

nuttnbunny said...

Exactement! Honest mistake, I guess. I was in such a groove on this :-) I actually remember thinking "Why'd she write the same cable pattern repeated?"

And the quick knitting is thanks to many conference calls this week. I knit while on them b/c it keeps my mind on the call. Otherwise I'm off checking email and thinking about other workstreams when someone says my name or asks a question and I haven't the least idea what's been said!!

Jessicah said...

Things have slowed considerably around my part- I'm taking it one row at a time!!! At least you did the smae thing the whole way :) And I don't think it looks bad either!

Katie said...

despite the mistake it's looking really good! i'm starting SOON, and my yarn is a similar color. good luck on the home stretch!

Paisley said...

At least you've been consistent - so no one who hasn't read the pattern will ever know! It's looking good. I'm a couple of pattern repeats away from starting the ribbing.

Anonymous said...

maybe b/c i haven't started the cables yet, but i couldn't tell at all. i just think it's awesome!